There are three different types of vaccinations available this year.
- Over 65’s
- Ages 6 months-2years and 18-64 years of age with chronic medical conditions and other qualifying reasons
- 2. Ages 6 months-2years and 18-64 years of age with chronic medical conditions
All of these vaccinations are free to the patient whether you hold a medical card or not.
We have now completed the first round of vaccination of this age group, and have very limited supply left. Please contact reception on 0214301745 if you would like to receive this vaccination and we will either facilitate you with an appointment or add you to the waiting list. Please note we cannot guarantee supply of this vaccine and if you find an alternative way of getting this vaccine we would recommend that you proceed.
Ages 6 months-2years and 18-64 years of age with chronic medical conditions + other qualifying reasons
If you fall in to any of the categories below we can give you an influenza vaccine:
- chronic illness to include chronic heart disease, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease, chronic renal failure, chronic respiratory disease, diabetes mellitus, or haemoglobinopathies
- those with immunosuppression due to disease or treatment including asplenia or hyposplenia and all cancer patients
- those with any condition that can compromise respiratory function (spinal cord injury seizure disorder or other neuromuscular disorder) especially those attending special schools/day centres
- children and adults with Down syndrome
- children with moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorders such as cerebral palsy and intellectual disability
- children on long-term aspirin therapy
- those with morbid obesity (body mass index greater than 40)
- residents of nursing homes, old peoples homes and other longstay facilities where rapid spread is likely to follow introduction of infection)
- those likely to transmit influenza to a person at high risk for influenza complications including healthcare workers, household contacts of at risk persons, and out-of-home care givers to at risk persons.
- All pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- people who have close regular contact with pigs poultry or waterfowl.
If you are unclear as to whether you fall into any of these categories please give us a ring on 0214301745.
In order to avail of this vaccine please give us a ring on 0214301745.
Please note there will be no text invite for this category of vaccine.
Ages 6 months-2years and 18-64 years of age with chronic medical conditions
All children in this age group can receive a free vaccine this year. This is an extension from last year where the upper age limit was eight years of age.
We will soon be in a position to started ministry administering this vaccine. We will use our text invite service to do this. On receiving the text you should follow the link and make your booking online for an appointment. This system is quick and efficient and saves much administrative staff time and also allows for consent to be given by you in advance of attending the appointment.
If you do not receive this text yet have a child in the appropriate age group who you feel needs to be vaccinated, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0214301745.
Please note this vaccine is administered through an nasal spray and no injection/needle is required. It is safe, effective and generally extremely well tolerated